- Insurance Services
- Auto, Home, and Personal Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Group Benefits
Article originally posted on www.erieinsurance.com(opens in new tab)Filed Under: Car Sense
Our roads are full of distractions that lead to unsafe driving behaviors, especially for young drivers. Every year, distracted driving causes thousands of deaths in the U.S.
That’s where our driving safety app, YourTurn®, comes in.1
By measuring certain criteria such as speeding, hard braking, and phone usage, the YourTurn program helps to make drivers of all ages more aware of their driving behaviors and identifies areas for improvement.
You already know you can count on us to provide reliable auto insurance. Now, there’s a new way we’re looking out for you and want to help you stay safe on the road. (And earn some great rewards!2)
4 Things to Know About YourTurn®
- What the app measures: Hard acceleration, hard braking, hard cornering, speeding, phone usage while driving, and miles driven.
- Make it a friendly competition: “Family mode” is an opt-in program that allows family members to see one another’s scores, latest location, trip details, trends, and streaks. Scores go into leaderboards and allow users to see how they’re performing compared to their peers.
- Become a safer driver: Within the first 30 days of the program, users see an average reduction in these activities: 35% decrease in phone distractions, 20% reduction in hard braking, and 20% reduction in at-risk speeding.3
- What’s in it for me? Well, you’ll not only be a safer driver, but you’ll also have the chance to earn rewards (up to $5 or $10 every two weeks)2 based on your driving score. For example, you can use your rewards instantly for a latte at Starbucks® or save them for a larger purchase. You can even choose to donate your rewards to a charity of your choice.
Contact your local ERIE agent today to learn more or to sign up for the YourTurn program.4 If you choose to join the program, you’ll receive a YourTurn welcome text and instructions for getting started.
YourTurn is currently not available in the District of Columbia, Kentucky, North Carolina, and New York.
1YourTurn not available in all states. As of 03/2021, the program available to policyholders in IL, IN, MD, OH, PA, TN, VA, WI, and WV.
2Ages 16-23 can earn rewards up to $10 every two weeks, ages 24+ can earn rewards up to $5 every two weeks. Rewards are based on the participating driver’s score during the scoring period while driving 50 tracked miles. Indiana participants can earn up to $5 every two weeks. Rewards are distributed through the YourTurn app via electronic gift cards.
3Driving improvement statistics provided by Cambridge Mobile Telematics.
4The YourTurn app requires participants to be licensed drivers on the ERIE auto policy and have a valid email address, smartphone number, and data plan to download and activate the YourTurn app. Users must agree to the Terms and Conditions of the YourTurn® app.
A better insurance experience starts with ERIE.
Haven’t heard of us? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch.
Contact Brady Insurance Group LLC today to experience the ERIE difference for yourself.